Been overcharged? Unsure what to do about poor quality workmanship (performed without reasonable care), incomplete work, or the timing of a service from a business, tradesperson or professional in New Zealand?

How to resolve your service issue

Answer these questions to find out if you may claim a remedy, for example, work redone or a refund.

Note: Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA) only applies to services provided by businesses. Examples include household plumbing, car repairs, haircuts, and broadband.

1. Who provided the service?