This website contains information obtained from within the New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, and from sources commissioned by the Ministry, and is subject to change without notice.
Every endeavour has been taken by Consumer Protection to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date. The legal information contained in this website is intended as a general guide and is not a detailed legal analysis.
- The information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements.
- Visitors to the Consumer Protection website should take specific advice from qualified professional people before undertaking any action following information received from this website.
- The Crown does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise for any action taken as a result of reading, or reliance placed on Consumer Protection because of having read, any part, or all, of the information in this website or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in this site.
- All links and references to other websites, organisations or people not within Consumer Protection are provided for convenience only and should not be taken as endorsement of those websites or information contained in those websites nor of organisations or people referred to.
- Consumer Protection also does not implicitly or impliedly endorse any website, organisation or people who have off-site links to the website.
All visitors who ignore this disclaimer do so at their own risk.
The Ministry endeavours to the best of its ability and knowledge to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and current. However, we cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or content of material on this website.
Visitors to this website should take specific advice from qualified, professional people before undertaking any action as a result of information accessed on this website.
The information provided on this website does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements.
Links to third party websites
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment does not accept any liability for the accuracy or content of information on this website that belongs to third parties; nor for the accuracy or content of any third-party website that you may access via a hyperlink from this site.
Links to other websites should not be taken as endorsement of those sites or products offered on those sites. This includes websites that may host Ministry content (e.g., video files on YouTube). The Ministry does not endorse advertising, related material, or other content you may view on such sites while accessing Ministry content.
When visiting other websites, please refer to the conditions of use and copyright policies of those sites.
Links from other sites to this one
You are welcome to create a hyperlink from another website to this one. However, the link must not be presented on your website in any context that implies that this website has an association with your site, or endorses your site or product. The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment logo may not be used on your site without the Ministry’s permission.